4 Effective Exercises to Relieve Back Pain
Back pain is one of the most common complaints among working adults today. Since most of our days are spent sitting idly, it can over time put heavy stress on the spine and cause pain. If you a suffering from back pain, try any one of these effective exercises to get rid of the affliction.
Stretching exercises help your body become more flexible and relieve back pain. The half lunge is a perfect stretching exercise for getting rid of a back sore.
- Stand with your legs slightly bent
- With your right foot, take a big step forward, bending the knee 90 degrees and keeping the left leg a few inches above ground
- Press your hip forward and hold the position for a few seconds
- Switch sides and repeat 10 times
This exercise will not only help relieve back pain but will also a great stress reliever.
- Sit on your heels with your knees at hip distance.
- Gently lower your chest between your thighs
- Extend your arms forwards and hold the position for a minute,
This exercise will further benefit you by improving your posture.
- Lie on your belly flat
- Gently raise your upper torso with your forearms
- Align your elbows with your shoulders and press firmly against the floor
- Press your public forward and take deep breaths
- Hold this position for 3 minutes
Seated Spinal Twist
The exercise is great for keeping your back pain-free and loosens the tension in the joints.
- Sit cross legged and extend your right arm, placing the ankle on the left knee
- Place the left hand on the floor behind you and slowly twist your upper body towards the left.
- Hold the position for 10 seconds and then relax
- Switch legs and repeat with your right side
Found the article helpful? Why not share it with friends who may also find it useful.
Author: Abdur Rafay
Abdur Rafay is an editor at ARY digital. He is also an active online activist and serves as the regional admin of Masterpeace. He is currenting pursuing his higher education in Politics and international Relations.
Follow him on Twitter @KippieHippie