Homemade Cough Syrup That Is Very Effective
- Peel a piece of ginger root and cut it into slices.
- Zest 2 fresh lemons using a grater
- Pour 1 cup of water into a saucepan.
- Add ¼ cup of the ginger slices.
- Add 1½ to 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- Bring the solution to a boil, then let it simmer for 5 minutes
- Strain the solution and set it aside
- Pour 1 cup of raw honey into a saucepan and heat it over low heat, but do not let it boil.
- Mix in the previously strained ginger solution.
- Add the juice extracted from both the lemons.
- Keep stirring the mixture over low heat for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and pour the solution into a jar.
- ½ to 1 teaspoon every 2 hours for children ages 1 to 5 years
- 1 to 2 teaspoons every 2 hours for children ages 5 to 12 years
- 1 to 2 tablespoons every 4 hours for adults and children older than 12 years