A Chicken Nugget is a chicken product made from either meat slurry or chicken breasts cut to shape, breaded or battered, then deep-fried or baked. It’s a popular among Kids, as it’s easy to consume without any bones, and with Parents, as kids love it. Although Chicken Nuggets are readily available at fast-food restaurants and the frozen food departments of good super-stores but nothing can be healthier and more satisfying than the homemade ones. All the more reason to read-on and make your own. Your kids will surely love them to bits.
Here’s a recipe by Chef Saadat Siddiqi who is expert on American dishes and love to demonstrates their recipes in easy-to-follow manner.
- Chicken 1/2kg minced
- Eggs 2
- Bread 1slice
- Salt 1tsp
- Black pepper 1tsp
- Vinegar 1tbsp
- Soya suace 1tbsp
- Mustard powder 1/2 tsp
- Breadcrumbs As required.
- 1. Put the Chicken mincemeat, Soya sauce, Bread slice, Salt,Black Pepper, Mustard powder, Vinegar and one Egg in a chopper and chop until well combined.
- 2. Take little portions and make it into Nuggets. Tip: you can use your hands to shape it or use a mould to give any shape you want.
- 3. Break the remaining egg into a bowl and mix slightly.
- 4. Spread Breadcrumbs into a wide plate.
- 5. Now lightly dip the nuggets, one at a time, into an egg and roll into breadcrumbs till well-coated.
- 6. Shallow fry on a medium heat till golden.
- 7. Once golden take them out, dry the excess oil on a wire-rack or kitchen towel and serve.
- 8. Great on it's own but also goes well with any Fried or Vegetable Rice.