1. Clean the mutton and cut into medium pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick and ginger garlic paste.
3. Add the mutton and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Now add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, yogurt, garam masala and fry until the oil separates.
5. Add the nutmeg, cardamom, spice masala and 3 cups of water and cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours.
6. Finally, add the flour and cook for about 10 minutes.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves, ginger, onions and green chillies.
8. You can serve mutton nihari with chappati, naan or rice.