Lemon juice is a natural cleaning agent, and so all you have to do is use a clean towel to wipe everything clean.
You will need:
Small microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup
Clean, dry dishtowel or cleaning rag
- Take about a half cup of water and pour it into the bowl.
- Slice a lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the water. Drop the lemon halves into the bowl.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and power it on for 3 minutes so the liquid comes to a boil.
- Let the steam stay trapped inside for 5 minutes at least.The steam trapped inside will help loosen food gunk.
- Open the door and carefully remove the bowl with the lemons. Wipe the inside of the microwave clean starting with the ceiling and the sides. Finish with the floor, sweeping any crumbs into your hand. Don’t forget the door!
- For stubborn spots that won’t easily wipe away, dip the corner of your dishtowel in the lemon-water and scrub until the spot comes away.